Friday, September 22, 2006

draino trip

last night was hell. it was the night before my big trip to draino....oops I mean reno! I was at work until midnight before I could go home. I had nothing packed. I didn't know how I was going to pack my unicycle, and I was tired.
I started to take apart my unicycle and that's when I figured out why my unicycle wheel hasn't been spinning very freely. one of the bearings was shattered. hmm... this isn't good. five hours till my flight, and just now I am figuring out that my unicycle can't go.
I had several ideas, and one of them involved using the bearing from my son's unicycle. it took me a while to take apart his uni and figure out that his bearing wasn't a match. I kind of half put his back together, and mine....well that's a sad situation.
I packed the broken pieces back together and squeezed them in place with the pedal crank. hardly a fix. :(

2AM and still not packed. I kind of felt like it was no longer a unicycle trip and I would resort to backpacking and mountain biking. still not a bad vacation, but i've been looking forward to this so much.
while packing I had to make some tough decisions on what should go and what should stay. I think I ended up bringing too much stuff, because I could hardly lift it.
the biggest problem where deciding what to wear :) heh... I didn't know how many cycling shorts I should bring. here at home I never wear the same pare more than twice with out a wash, and socks... I never reuse those. that has trouble written all over it. I need a hiking consultant.

I figured out a way to pack my unicycle too. I thought that I would bring it, just in case someone in lake tahoe has a bearing.....i guess I am more religious than I thought. ...shamelessly looking for miracles :)

I don't know how 2 became 4:30, but it did, and I was done, and my wife was waking up, so she can get me out of the house on time.

right now i'm in the plane flying to reno, and it' shaking really badly....i hope my bearings don't shake loose... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sky and I are watching your big adventure unfold. This is fun! Don't even worry about the spelling and grammer, Sky only found a few mistakes:) Be safe out there! Becky

Anonymous said...

Yeah.... Sadly, I found a few mistakes as well. ;-) Good job, Sky!

Have a great ride tomorrow!

Kaori